The John Saul company was first established in 1912 and now farms 3,000 acres at Leverton, Spilsby and Friskney, Lincolnshire.
Three generations of the family have continued its expansion and the grade one reclaimed land facilitates the production of top quality brassicae, potatoes and cereals. The coastal location adds to the advantage providing cooler summer breezes for vegetable cultivation.
The continual investment in the business has provided modern packhouse and cold storage facilities together with up to date machinery. The dedicated and long serving workforce have a wealth of in-house expertise gained from over 100 years of experience.
- John Saul Ltd is committed to quality and continuity of seasonal produce.
- We are one of a handful of experts in the twelve month supply of Dutch White Cabbage for coleslaw production.
- We are accredited to BRC V7, Tesco Nurture, LEAF Marque, Red Tractor Fresh Produce, M & S Field 2 Fork and our own staff are BASIS and FACTS qualified.
- We have a complete range of customers from direct supermarket supply to packers, wholesalers and processors.
- We have a long term track record of satisfying customer requirements.
- We grow the best quality packing potatoes, bakers or prepack size, that can be stored for long periods. We can also irrigate from a winter storage reservoir enabling good quality production at our Spilsby farm.
- We specialise in cauliflower and broccoli production but are able to grow other brassicae if required.
- Our dedicated full-time workforce have been on the farm for a total of 387 years averaging 23 years each.
- We operate a long term policy and have a trusting relationship with our suppliers and customers.
- We deal with local companies whenever possible.
- We are able to provide full traceability from seed to sale.
- Installation of a 250 kw roof mounted photovoltaic system, a total of 1,012 solar panels, resulting in an annual saving of 108 tonnes of CO2.
- We continually carry out varietal trials to keep up to date with the latest scientific and plant breeding opportunities.